BA PGDip AdvDip BACP AccCOSRT
Giuseppe undertook training as an Integrative Psychotherapist on a course that encompassed a number of therapeutic modalities including: Psychodynamic, Existential, Humanistic as well as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) approaches. He is also a qualified Psychosexual and Relationship Therapist, allowing him to work competently with psychosexual presentations and couples. Further experience includes working with a wide range of mental health problems including depression, anxiety, panic disorders, trauma/ PTSD, and self-esteem/ confidence issues. He is comfortable working both on a short term arrangement and on an open-ended basis and he sees individuals, couples and groups.
“I embrace a supportive, person-centred, non-judgemental and empathic approach to therapy and I believe in empowering clients through providing strategies that help to raise self-awareness and which alleviate psychological distress. I work in a collaborative way to ensure the full participation of the client in the therapeutic process. The focus and the pace of the therapeutic process are dictated by the clients’ needs and abilities. I have a broad range of experience, which encompasses past or recent trauma, losses, anxieties and depressive moods and self-esteem. Additionally, I have a specialisation and interest in sexual issues and relationship, the latter can be with others or a relationship that one has with oneself.”
Professional Qualifications and memberships:
- AdvDip in Couples Therapy (The NAOS Institute, accredited by Middlesex University)
- PGDip in Psychosexual and Relationship Psychotherapy (The London Diploma, accredited by Middlesex University)
- PGDip in Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling (Regent’s University London)
- PGDip in Integrative Clinical Supervision (The Grove)
- Certificate in Skills for Working Online (COSRT)
- BA in Humanities, Arts and Media (Birkbeck, University of London)
- Registered with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Accredited by the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapy (COSRT)
Italian, English, Spanish
Read about Marietta Vafea here.